We are happy to inform you that the new WOCAT Global Database on Sustainable Land Management (primary recommended database by UNCCD) is now online! Please click here to access the new database or use the quicklink on our website. Please note that the new database is optimized for Firefox and Chrome, but not for other browsers.
Important for you to know:
- WOCAT Core questionnaires on SLM Practices (SLM Technologies/Approaches): The new database is based on the revised version of the basic SLM Technologies/Approaches questionnaires (version 2008), now called WOCAT Core questionnaire (version 2016).
- Search SLM Practices (SLM Technologies/Approaches): Currently, the new database only contains the UNCCD PRAIS data. Therefore, searching for existing WOCAT SLM Practices (entered before August 2016) still needs to be done in the old WOCAT database. The migration of the WOCAT data from the old to the new database will take place later this year and is planned to be finalized latest by December 2016. We will keep you informed on the migration process.
- Edit existing SLM Practices (SLM Technologies/Approaches): The old WOCAT SLM Technologies/Approaches databases will still be functional for editing existing Technologies/Approaches (entered before August 2016) until end of September 2016. After the migration of the data to the new system the old database will be “read-only”. Therefore, we would like to encourage you to finalise ongoing data entry of SLM Technologies and Approaches until end of September 2016.
- Add new SLM Practices (SLM Technologies/Approaches): Adding of new SLM Practices needs to be done in the new user-friendly system. It is no longer possible to add SLM Practices in the old database.
- Add new maps: Maps still need to be added in the old Mapping Database. The process of developing a new Mapping Tool has started recently.
We hope you like the new database and we would be very happy to receive your contributions. Let’s document, share and disseminate as many good SLM Practices as possible! If you have any questions related to the new database please do not hesitate to contact us: wocat(at)cde.unibe.ch