Training and capacity enhancement are needed, among other things, to:
- include WOCAT in the countries/region (training of national and regional institutions through global WOCAT, including training for trainers)
- document, evaluate, monitor, disseminate and use SLM knowledge at the regional, national, project and expert levels (through national/regional WOCAT)
- identify, address and fill knowledge gaps (training and education at the university level)
- review technologies and approaches, including data quality management and certification (training for reviewers)
- use WOCAT tools for decision making (planners, specialists)increase knowledge about SLM / SWC (agricultural advisors, project personnel, students)
Over 500 SWC specialists from 40 countries have learned about the WOCAT methodology in WOCAT training workshops so far. Training and capacity building can today be counted among the major aims of WOCAT.